Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Newborn Session FAQs

Newborn Photo Sessions Faq’s
When should newborn photos be taken?
As soon as possible after the birth of your new baby.  I will be there to greet you when you arrive home from the hospital (kidding) but the sooner the better.  in the first two weeks, definitely. 
Where are newborn shoots held?
Newborn sessions are conducted in the comfort of your own home.  I just need a bright and sunny spot near a window with some space to work.
How long is a newborn session?
a typical newborn session is about two hours, give or take.  my primary concern is your comfort and maintaining a stress free environment for you and your new little bundle.  We can take breaks for feedings and crying at any time.
How far in advance should we call to book our session?
Call me as soon as you know your due date.  I will pencil you in around that date and I will work with you as your date approaches. 
How should I dress my baby?
In my opinion newborns are best photographed in nothing at all but i will work within your comfort zone.  I always allow plenty of time for clothing changes.  Simple, bright colors always look great and work just as well as a simple white onesie or cute diaper cover.  
Other Information:
Look around your house for props that are meaningful to you.  A special chair, stool, blanket etc are great props for newborn shoots.  I will be bringing some simple gear that I use on a regular basis but I am happy to try to incorporate your ideas!

When will i get my photos?
My normal turnaround time is 2-3 weeks.  You will receive a disk from me containing 20-30 of the best photos from your session along with a copyright release allowing you to print them where you please.  I will also include some suggestions of the places that I prefer to use for prints.
How do we contact you?
You can reach me most anytime by phone or email
karen{dot}lehmann@comcast{dot}net
mobile (571)233-6306
I am looking forward to meeting you and your family!
KaRen Lehmann

No comments:

Post a Comment